Re: bpl 20 autorun loop

From: krenshala (krenshala@koboldi.net)
Date: 03/13/02

On Wed, Mar 13, 2002 at 12:32:23AM +0100, Welcor was heard to say:

> Since I've started using the new autorun script by Peter Ajamin,
> I've had the following happen a couple of times:
>
> 1 - I start up autorun, no problem, everything runs fine.
>
> 2 - some time later, the mud shuts down, and the autorun
>     script enters what seems to be a, though strange,
>     infinite loop:
> (shortened ps ux)
> PID  START   TIME COMMAND
> 981  Mar11   0:06 sh /home/zemial/Mud/autorun
> 6776 16:17   0:00 sleep 30
> 6777 16:17   0:00 -bash
> 6794 16:17   0:00 ps ux
>
> As soon as the sleep 30 is done, it starts to sleep 5,
> then _immidiately afterwards_ starts to sleep 30 again.
>
> The syslog isn't processed, and the mud isn't restarted!
>
> Anyone outthere with more !/sh knowledge than me able to
> shed some light on this subject ?

Sounds to me like the .pause file is still in the muds root directory.
But that doesn't explain the 'sleep 30' ... :/  Have you made any change
to the autorun script?  Which autorun script are you using? Bash or perl?

> Welcor

     Larry

Larry Robinson
krenshala@koboldi.net