Re: [AD?] New Java version of CircleMUD

From: shay (
Date: 03/27/02

  10:57 PM 3/26/2002 -0600, you wrote:
>On Sunday, March 24, 2002, at 10:20 AM, Shay wrote:
>>Funny, I think C is ugly..  but it does have many advantages over
>>Java.  Java on the other
>>hand is very modular and the way I've designed the game allows for
>>easier additions than
>>you can get with C.  Plus, I just like coding, and this was something I
>>thought I'd tackle.
>>I spose I could have gone in the direction of C#, but then we'd have an
>>entirely different
>>conversation.. ;)
>well there is always C++ and depending on how you do your OOD it could
>be fairly modular as well.

When I say C, I am actually speaking of C/C++.  C of course is much worse,
but C++
is also fugly..  I've always thought that in most cases C/C++ gave you too
much to do.
I admit that in alot of cases I want to be able to have control over alot
of things that C/C++
will give you, like memory.  But in most cases I really like Java's Garbage
Collection, and
not having to find every single little memory leak that my C/C++ code might
have.. ;)