Re: [newbie] abilities restriction

From: krenshala (krenshala@koboldi.net)
Date: 03/27/02

On Wed, Mar 27, 2002 at 04:29:58PM -0500, James Slate was heard to say:

> Anyway, all of this works well until the new player wears or wields
> anything.  At that point all stats revert to *no more than* 18 in any
> given characteristic. Is there a way(s) to overcome this restriction?
> If so, what is the best solution?

I don't remember where the code it is, but somewhere is a check that you
need to change so that is will allow a character to have a "natural"
stat of over 18.  I'd grep for plr->str (or whatever the var is ... like
I said, I don't remember the code right now =) to try and find where the
code is "fixing" things for you.

     Larry

Larry Robinson
krenshala@koboldi.net