Re: Free servers?

From: Tom Whiting (wolf@wolfstream.net)
Date: 06/13/02

> I looked all over, and after going through one and others, I can't find
> anything that will work. How about suggestions, any of you out there know
> any that will allow me to put my mud, on their comp, and treat it
> profesionally. Ones that work well?
Firstly, in life, you get what you pay for. If you want free, then
you'll get just that. Zero support, zero guarantees. In fact, your mud
could be up one day, and you could very easily find it down, with your
shell locked out the very next (quite literally).

Personally, I'd advise going through and checking things out, then
setting up an account with Kyndig (http://www.kyndig.com). His rates are
decent, his service is the best. I've been with him for over a year now,
and in 4 years of hopping from host to host because the service sucked,
the admin didn't know how to run a server, or the like, I've found a
home there that I can quite honestly feel comfortable with. With
accounts from around $10, there's not a lot of reason NOT to go with
kyndig. (sorry, I don't make anything from saying that, I just can't
help but promote the best service that I've seen).

As far as the money issue, here's a couple more things you can do too.
If you live somewhere where can/bottle deposits are kept, use that
towards the mud. Mow lawns, go out and look for a job, even if it is
only part time it'll help you out.

Just a couple thoughts/ideas
+   TJW: Head Tech, designer: Dreamless Realms Mud   +
+   Mud : http://drealms.kyndig.com                          +
+   Telnet: drealms.kyndig.com port 9275                     +