Re: Debian Package Contribution

From: Alex (
Date: 06/15/02

>   * Installed files to necessary locations to meet Debian Policy.
Er... like what?  Putting them in generic system places (ie /usr/sbin,

If that is the case, I'm still not entirely convinced that's a good idea. :)
Giving it its own tree is likely a much better idea (ie /usr/circlemud or

>   * Modified autorun to check circlemud.conf for preferences.
>   * Built a few extra safety checks into autorun.
Sharing these back to the main source might be a good idea too... hint

>   * Added a pidfile creation routine to comm.c and a SysVinit script.
To run CircleMUD as root?  I'd _really_ hope not.  Ouch.  Also, if you
start the process as root and suid elsewhere, you won't get any core
files, which could be a problem.

Yes, I'm now back from my 2 weeks in Ireland.  It's wonderful over there.
I don't have to get up at 2:30am to watch the early game.  Just 7:30am.