Re: Thoughts on Room Extra Descriptions

From: Alex (ahdbn4@umr.edu)
Date: 06/15/02

> Questions:
> 1) Do most people use extra descriptions in this way to add further
> information, or do you go with "non-takeable" objects, despite their
> presence being very obvious to the player?

What I have done is implemented a NO_SHOW flag, which allows the player
to interact with the object but it will not show up in the room. Then I
incorporate it normally into the room description. This is extra nice
for ex. if you want to have a shelf/container/fountain or whatever in
the room, you can have it working normally without showing up. Hope this
helps..

-alex