Re: Class.c

From: George Greer (
Date: 06/21/02

On Fri, 21 Jun 2002, Dante Mavec wrote:

>The comment is directly after the whole pile of switch statements used for
>the saving throws and exp tables.
>It uses an equation instead of a whole pile of switches.
>I assumed that the comment implied that switches were faster than equations.
>Was I wrong?

roll_real_abils() and advance_level() separate the switches and that
comment so I'm not sure why you thought it applied to the switches at the
top.  It depends on your equation.  Doing a second order integration with a
few exponentials is going to be slower than a switch if you can
precompute them.

George Greer