Re: [newbie] [dg scripts] foolish errors and some notes

From: The Fungi (fungi@yuggoth.org)
Date: 06/27/02

On Wed, Jun 26, 2002 at 06:05:02PM -0700, Mathew Earle Reuther wrote:
> Been working on integrating the latest CVS version, Oasis 2.0.1, and DG
> Scripts.  I started with an almost completely happy CVS snapshot+OLC.

I'm a few days into precisely the same project. I have it booting
and can provide a patch against circlemud-3.0.cvs2002062116.tar.gz
and OasisOLC-2.0.1-2002050120.patch.gz if desired (maybe I'll also
regenerate the Oasis patch against the latest Circle, but it still
patches in cleanly just at slightly different offsets).

It compiles without error or warning (on Debian Sid/i386 at least)
and runs, but what little QA I've done so far has turned up a few
bugs (crashes) when using trigedit. Seeing garbage in a few strings
so I probably fatfingered a variable declaration somewhere. I'm
probably going to start into it with gdb tonight after work, but if
anyone else feels capable of assisting and is interested...
--
{ IRL(Jeremy_Stanley); SMTP(fungi@yuggoth.org); ICQ(114362511);
WWW(http://fungi.yuggoth.org/); IRC(fungi@irc.yuggoth.org#ccl);