Re: [newbie] [dg scripts] foolish errors and some notes

From: Mathew Earle Reuther (graymere@zipcon.net)
Date: 06/28/02

> Again, that is a string const which contains no % char so it's safe.

Yes, I figured out the difference while I was poking around more.  It
occurred to me that it only makes sense if you're getting dynamic
information in the string.  So anywhere that is buffered would seem to be
the places which need the "%s", added in to send_to_char(). :)

However, after doing all that it would appear I'm still getting the same
behavior when modifying the triggers, so there's another explanation.  But
yes, it DOES look like there's an issue with the use of % in the .trg
file.  The instances in which it is causing problems are all right around
the file's use of %direction% or %echo% and such.

I have ideas in my mind as to what some possible solutions/places to check
might be, but I'm afraid this is really stretching the envelope of my
snowball's chance in hell of discovering a fix. :)

But hey, I've learned plenty today about the dangers of uncontrolled stuff
getting into my strings!  (It's like a day at the beach!  Only I don't
wear a string there.  So my analogy is flawed, but still amuses me.)

Let me know if you come up with anything new.

-Mathew