Re: [newbie] [dg scripts] foolish errors and some notes

From: The Fungi (
Date: 06/29/02

On Fri, Jun 28, 2002 at 11:03:34AM -0700, Mathew Earle Reuther wrote:
> Yes, I figured out the difference while I was poking around more.  It
> occurred to me that it only makes sense if you're getting dynamic
> information in the string.  So anywhere that is buffered would seem to be
> the places which need the "%s", added in to send_to_char(). :)

And after looking through the headers I determined I had not only
send_to_char() but also write_to_output() and mudlog() calls that
needed "%s" so I fixed those too.

> Let me know if you come up with anything new.

Yeah, I think my crashing and garbage problems are fixed now. I've
updated the patches to last night's CVS snapshot and uploaded them
if you want to take a look:

I think I've still got some output issues with the triggers
somewhere because I'm not getting text when they fire whereas I was
before I fixed the trigedit-related crashes. Maybe I swapped out
actor/victim descriptors in one of the send_to_char functions. If
you have a pristine with triggers that fire, upload it and I'll diff
it against mine to see what's changed.  Otherwise I'll just begin
checking the suspect functions until I track it down.
{ IRL(Jeremy_Stanley); PGP(9E8DFF2E4F5995F8FEADDC5829ABF7441FB84657);
SMTP(; IRC(; ICQ(114362511);
AIM(dreadazathoth); YAHOO(crawlingchaoslabs); FINGER(;
MUD(; WWW(; }

   | FAQ: |
   | Archives: |
   | Newbie List:   |

This archive was generated by hypermail 2b30 : 06/25/03 PDT