Re: GET_OBJ_PERM problem

From: Thomas Larcombe (raucous@DIM.COM)
Date: 07/18/02

When I say I don't see the changes, I mean I drop into lib/world/obj
and look at the actual file and don't see any alteration to it
when I attempt to save a perm affect. In reply to the other reply
from my original message, the oedit_save_to_disk in oedit now just
calls the 'save_objects' setup in genobj.c.
Here is a bit more of the code from the surrounding area, the
part that I believe arranges the data for saving.

code does that a loop that runs through all objects in the zone
inside the loop is:

fprintf(fp,
           "#%d\n"
           "%s~\n"
           "%s~\n"
           "%s~\n"
           "%s~\n",
           GET_OBJ_VNUM(obj),
           (obj->name && *obj->name) ? obj->name : "undefined",
           (obj->short_description && *obj->short_description) ?
            obj->short_description : "undefined",
 (obj->description && *obj->description) ? obj->description : "undefined",
            buf1);

sprintascii(buf1, GET_OBJ_EXTRA(obj));
sprintascii(buf2, GET_OBJ_WEAR(obj));
sprintascii(arg, GET_OBJ_PERM(obj));

fprintf(fp,
          "%d %s %s %s\n"
          "%d %d %d %d\n"
          "%d %d %d %d\n",
GET_OBJ_TYPE(obj), buf1, buf2, arg,
GET_OBJ_VAL(obj, 0), GET_OBJ_VAL(obj, 1), GET_OBJ_VAL(obj, 2),
GET_OBJ_VAL(obj, 3), GET_OBJ_WEIGHT(obj), GET_OBJ_COST(obj),
GET_OBJ_RENT(obj), GET_OBJ_LEVEL(obj)
);

/*do we have scripts attached*/
script_save_to_disk(fp, obj, OBJ_TRIGGER);

/*do we have extra desc*/
if (obj->ex_description) { /*save them also*/
for (ex_desc = obj->ex_description; ex_desc; ex_desc = ex_desc->next)
{
if(!ex_desc->keyword ||
etc... etc.. through ex descriptions and the affects loop to save the
affects. Is this enough to get a better idea of what I am talking about?
I know that DG_Scripts are in there and not mentioned but before I posted
yesterday I went back to a prior backup of a couple months back, before
I added the scripts and the same problem existed then. My message
yesterday was actually just a hope that someone else had noticed this
problem and fixed it. The Oasis and Saveall are not hand patched but
taken from the circlemud ftp site, in contrib/servers(I think) ,
the circle30bpl21 with oasis patched in that was mentioned here in
the list back in May.
Once again if anyone missed my prior message but gets this one, my problem
is that the GET_OBJ_PERM does not appear to save to the object files, it
saves internally allright but does not save to disk. On reboot any prior
flagged perm affects are gone.
Thanks for any help you might be able to give.
Tom...