Re: Graphical Bar Code?

From: Thomas Arp (t_arp@stofanet.dk)
Date: 07/25/02

From: "Mathew Earle Reuther" <graymere@zipcon.net>
> Does anyone have any code they'd be willing to share which draws some kind
> of graphical representation of a percentage?  I'm thinking of doing this
> kind of a bar to track progression or status of certain fields.  If anyone
> else has some code they'd be willing to toss my way so I can work with it,
> I'd be apprecative. :)

Here comes a toss[1]:

void send_percent_bar(struct char_data *ch, int percent)
{
  int i;
  char buf[21];

  if (percent>100) percent = 100;

  strcpy(buf, "");
  for(i=1;i*5 <= percent;i++)
    strcat(buf, "*"); /* strcat ok - max length 20+\0 */

  send_to_char(ch, "%s", buf);
}

This can be called like this:

send_to_char(ch, "hitpoints: ");
send_percent_bar(ch, (GET_HIT(ch) * 100) / GET_MAX_HIT(ch));

output (when at max hits):

or with spells/skills:
send_to_char(ch, "Magic missile: ");
send_percent_bar(ch, GET_SKILL(ch, SPELL_MAGIC_MISSILE));

output (when 25% learned):
Magic missile: *****

Welcor

[1] mailer code.