Re: [BUG?] overlapping zones

From: Yoram Harmelin (yoram.harmelin@wanadoo.fr)
Date: 08/05/02

>>   bot top   zone(virtual number)
>>   300 399     3
>>   350 399     9   <-- new zone
>

> First off, what might help is if zone 3 was 300-349, not 399. I just
> spotted
> that, so I wanted you to know that.

I don't agree, sorry, because theorically, the new zone stuffs should
allow zones to overlapp this way. And on another hand, I need zone 3 to
be 300-399, and another zone to be only 350-399, to let some mobs go in
all zone 3, and some other mobs only in rooms 350-399. But anyway, even
if zone 3 was 300-349, the error would still be here.

Anyway, I began writing this mail 30 mins ago, and I went away to eat.
And while eating, I think I found out what was going on.

I created my zone with OasisOLC, and in genzon.c, zedit new <virtual
zone number> <bottom vnum> <top vnum> automatically creates the
rooms/objs/mobs/etc files. And in the room file just created, it
automatically adds the room with vnum bottom.

 >  fprintf(fp, "#%d\nThe Beginning~\nNot much here.\n~\n%d 0 0 0 0 0
0\nS\n$\n", bottom, vzone_num);

But the code expects the room 350 to be saved into the file 3.wld, not
into the 9.wld file. So, I think this is a bug with OasisOLC. To fix it,
replace the above line by:

++   fprintf(fp, "$\n");

If anyone thinkgs I'm mistaking, please tell me.

   Y. Harmelin