Re: patches against CVS

From: George Greer (greerga@circlemud.org)
Date: 08/11/02

On Mon, 12 Aug 2002, Thomas Arp wrote:

>Cons:
>A CVS snapshot is a working document.[2]
>Not everyone will be able to find the correct version based on a
>10 digit version number. It's easier to find the official bpl21
>release, and it won't change - ever. Next release will be bpl22,
>period[3].

I keep some patches in ftp://ftp.circlemud.org/pub/CircleMUD/cvs/, which
are deleted infrequently.  I generally delete ones older than a month
whenever I commit a substantial amount of new changes or all the snapshots
whenever a release is made.

>[3] Unless it'll be CircleMud3.1 bpl 1 :P

Doubt it. :)

Although only coding.doc and a few other leftover bugs are slated to be
done.

--
George Greer
greerga@circlemud.org