Re: [OasisOLC] Dig Command

From: George Greer (greerga@circlemud.org)
Date: 08/14/02

On Wed, 14 Aug 2002, Shane P. Lee wrote:

>Most newbie Implementors choose to use OasisOLC because they either
>don't know how or are unwilling to modify the world files. Adding new
>sectors to Zones would require manually editing each zone file.
>Every since OLC+ was released, I have been adding a new zone flag
>(builders) to each MUD I have coded for. I really like the whole
>idea of the zones holding the permissions rather than the pfiles.
>However, each time someone tries to transfer my modified zones over
>to a new game, I get all kinds of hate mail in my inbox overnight.

I believe OBuild or some OasisOLC permissions patch just made them a
comment '*' line.  It's not that hard to make a line optional in the zone
parser.  It'd be even easier if we were using the lex/yacc parser.

>Sure, George has the option of adding to or removing from saved world
>data, but in truth that option should be left up to him, the CircleMUD
>maintainer.

You can do it too, as long as you modify db.c to handle both cases.

--
George Greer
greerga@circlemud.org