Re: [NEWBIE] mag_materials and losing 31.obj

From: Leonardo Herrera (leus@epublish.cl)
Date: 08/28/02

Arjay Hwang wrote:
> um, I don't quite know what you mean...
> The code I actually copied from another post to this list from a long long
> time ago about mag_materiels, and most of the stuff is defined up at the
> top of magic.c under mag_materials, so I assume so...
> I probably sound like a dumb newbie but what is the difference between an
> rnum and a vnum?

A rnum (real number) is the number indicating the position of that room
inside the world[] array. A vnum (virtual number) is the number assigned
to that room when was created.

An example of this being applied is config.c (the definition of
mortal_start_room and the like) and check_start_rooms() in db.c.

See real_room(), GET_ROOM_VNUM() for more info.

Saludos,
--
Leonardo Herrera L.
mailto:leus@epublish.cl