Re: [NEWBIE] [SYSTEM-OS2] Problems compiling.

From: The Fungi (fungi@yuggoth.org)
Date: 10/10/02

On Thu, Oct 10, 2002 at 02:52:01AM -0700, Daniel A. Koepke wrote:
> Prebuilt binaries are not offered because there's no demand for them.
> Most users have no use for the binaries because they want to make changes
> to the underlying logic and feel of the game.  Even further, there's no
> need for them because compiling CircleMUD is easily done with readily
> available, free tools on a variety of platforms -- your problems,
> notwithstanding.

Not "officially" offered. I actually maintain an _unofficial_ Debian
package set that stays fairly in sync with Circle CVS snapshots.
While it does offer vanilla binary CircleMUD builds for i386 and
sparc Debian/Linux, they are really only useful for testing (in my
jaded opinion). The project is mostly maintained, for now, as an
example framework for using Debian development and packaging tools
to cleanly install/remove/upgrade/relocate your custom Circle-based
MUD on Debian servers. It does support the most recent ASCII PFiles,
OasisOLC and DG Scripts releases, but is not what I would consider
"production quality" yet. If it breaks something, it's your fault
for trusting my ugly code. Really. I suck.

   http://www.yuggoth.org/debian-CCL/pool/unofficial/c/circlemud/
--
{ IRL(Jeremy_Stanley); PGP(9E8DFF2E4F5995F8FEADDC5829ABF7441FB84657);
SMTP(fungi@yuggoth.org); IRC(fungi@irc.yuggoth.org#ccl); ICQ(114362511);