Re: [CVS] Hellish problems.

From: Mysidia (jmhess@i-55.com)
Date: 10/30/02

[snip]
> directory, then I go into the .cvsroot directory and create the
CVSROOT

"Created CVSROOT?"

I hope that means you did a cvs init on .cvsroot -- cvs makes CVSROOT
and the version-controlled system files for you :)

> cvs checkout src
>
> Again, it whirs, and things go in just fine. Except, no Makefile! So, I am
> forced to swiftly configure, edit the Makefile and compile the mud. No
[snip]

You didn't have to delete your src/ necessarily, you know :)

Makefile is generated from Makefile.in : if you've edited your Makefile
directly (bad idea) and haven't updated your Makefile.in, you could have
problems.

> problems, all is well. Suddenly, I get an error in the compile. Here's the
> error:
>
> showplay.c:62: `racename' undeclared (first use in this function)
> showplay.c:62: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> showplay.c:62: for each function it appears in.)

How is 'racename' declared?

The stock showplay.c has no reference to racename.

CVS shouldn't have any effect on this -- maybe what had happened
is you broke showplay.c earlier and just weren't trying to
recompile it before.

-Mysid