Re: [OasisOLC] RedHat Linux 8.0 Upgrade

From: The Fungi (fungi@yuggoth.org)
Date: 11/12/02

On Tue, Nov 12, 2002 at 11:37:02AM -0600, Jesse Becker wrote:
> You can get rid of the warnings by removing the "#define NEED_BZERO_PROTO"
> line from conf.h.  The configure script needs to be updated to handle gcc
> 3.x.  Alternately, I think that (in theory) you can add a command to
> CFLAGS in Makefile, and tell gcc to not use it's own internal prototypes.

Yes, you can do either. I was just attempting to replicate any
errors people might be seeing with newer compilers and libraries.
Updating configure to find gcc 3.x's internal bzero is probably the
best route. I'll submit a patch for it sometime soon if I get a
spare moment. However, I was only compiling with 3.2 as a test. My
production binaries are still made using gcc 2.95.4...
--
{ IRL(Jeremy_Stanley); PGP(9E8DFF2E4F5995F8FEADDC5829ABF7441FB84657);
SMTP(fungi@yuggoth.org); IRC(fungi@irc.yuggoth.org#ccl); ICQ(114362511);