Re: READ ME NOW: It's Here! CircleMUD 3.1!

From: Henrik Stuart (
Date: 11/20/02

On Tuesday, November 19, 2002 5:20:22 AM Alex wrote:
> It's here.  It's been a long time coming (9 years and a day in fact[1]),
> but it has finally arrived.

  Congratulations on finally "finishing" it. :o)

> Work will begin shortly on the CircleMUD 4.x series, with a release
> expected in late 2010[6].

> [6] We're hoping to time it with the discovery of a monolith around Jupiter.

  That  is  if  Bob  doesn't  strike  first, I wager. [1] ;o)

  So... was that a hint to what language it'll be written in? :o)

[1]:  Unless  I'm  much  mistaken  the  monolith  around  Jupiter is a
reference  to  Jim  Hyslop  and  Herb  Sutter's ongoing article series
'Conversations'  that  they  are  writing for the experts forum of the
C/C++  User  Journal.  To figure out who Bob, Wendy, Anna and the rest
are,  I'd encourage you all to read the articles. :o)  (You might just
learn something about C++ you didn't know too).

Yours truly,
  Henrik Stuart (