Re: Circle 4.x wish list

From: Mysidia (jmhess@i-55.com)
Date: 11/22/02

> >4. Add Oasis/Dg Scripting.
> Oasis: Nay.
> DG Scripts: Undecided.
> Embedding Perl/Python/etc.: Aye.
[snip]

Oasis is nice, but I don't like dg scripts that much, and don't
think they ought to be included.

I'd much rather see an embedded script interpreter for
a language such as ECMAscript/javascript, or even
(eww) perl or java.

Actually, I think it'd be really neat to have something of
an embedded lisp interpreter to handle special procedures
(or perhaps "pluggable interpreters" so implementors could
 choose to embed whatever script interpreter or none if
 they so choose):

A key point being to use a full-featured programming language and
not an ad-hoc language like dgscript

-Mysid