Re: Unified account with many characters

From: Torgny Bjers (artovil@arcanerealms.org)
Date: 12/08/02

On 02-12-08 18.33, "matt" <mbrodie@IPRIMUS.COM.AU> wrote:
> From: "Torgny Bjers" <artovil@ARCANEREALMS.ORG>
>> On 02-12-08 17.55, "Templar Viper" <templarviper@HOTMAIL.COM> wrote:
>>> From: "Torgny Bjers" <artovil@ARCANEREALMS.ORG>
>>> players
>>> this
>>> before,
>>>

> I've seen this system before in an open source code called Mudcore

> take a look there, hope it helps with what you want to accomplish

Well, no, actually, it doesn't help at all.  MudCore is coded in in C++, it
uses a totally different way of storing things.  I looked at the source, and
it's all nice and such, but helps me little in my endeavor to do this with
the CircleMUD codebase.

Sure, I could recode the entire descriptor and everything like that, and I
could recode nanny() but it would not help me and others that want to use
CircleMUD and have a slim chance of patching up to the latest version,
although that's not going to be a problem now, with Circle 4.x as the next
mission around here, but still.

Makes sense?

Regards,
/Torgny