Re: Unified account with many characters

From: Jeremy M. (jkm4802@hotmail.com)
Date: 12/08/02

---= In Regards to: =---
"I have been sketching on a system for our CircleMUD which will allow
players to have one login account with multiple characters.  I thought I'd
run this by the list since I am having some problems with actually planning
the system code-wise, and perhaps somebody has done something like this
before, and perhaps they even have code tidbits to share."

--* Snip! *---

The first thing I thought of when I began reading your post was, why would
anyone really want to do that? What are the advantages? Doesn't Circle
handle players well enough? Why reinvent the wheel again?
I've also seen these types of systems implemented and even now I can't help
but wonder to myself, why bother..  I've had my interests tantalized by the
topic because I get bored and don't mind throwing in code when I'm like
that. :P  Can anyone answer any of the above stated questions? I've either
got blinders on to the benefits, or there really aren't any benefits to
adding that system.

Riodan