Re: [debug] Strange gdb Error

From: Ronald Fenner (abbadon@mac.com)
Date: 12/18/02

On Wednesday, December 18, 2002, at 05:58  AM, Daniel Correia wrote:

> On Tue, 17 Dec 2002 11:23:50 -0600, Patrick Dughi <dughi@imaxx.net>
> wrote:
>
>>> been using gdb to track down some crashing random
>>> errors and come across this one.
>>> I have not used gdb that much b4 and was wondering
>>> if you could point me on the right direction.
>>>
>>> Program received signal SIGINT, Interrupt.
>>> 0x40139b8e in __select () at __select:-1
>>> -1 __select: No such file or directory.
>>> in __select

for select your most likely going to get this since it's a library call
and there isn't a source file to look at as it's a compiled library.

one thing to do when you get something like this is to look at the call
stack and see what functions were called. usually  when it crashes in a
library call it something you passed that it wasn't expecting. if you
don't know how to view the call stack it's bt or backtrace. the other
possiblity is that the sigint was (if your running on *nix distrib.)
that it was called by the mud hanging for too long and triggering the
signal to shut it down.

Ron