Re: [code][olc] wear slots

From: The Fungi (fungi@yuggoth.org)
Date: 01/27/03

On Tue, Jan 28, 2003 at 03:33:14AM +0000, Ben Heise wrote:
> I've put together stock circle-3.1 with the fungis additions, and
> am running circle3.1, dg scripts 9, oasisolc with numerous
> additions. that should sum it up for the server.
>
> I tried adding more wearable slots and positions, using a wearbit
> handpatch off the circle site. however, it doesnt take in dg
> scripts etc. I have patched this in, and compiled, and after a few
> code fixes it compiles without errors. as far as I know, its
> possible to wear items on those positions.  however, olc still
> wont let me create, or edit items to place on those flags.
>
> has anyone done this, or know where the problem is?

You might have a look at the way I did it in my MUD, still under
development:

   http://srmud.net/src/shadowrealm-0.97.cvs2002112709.patch.gz

Slightly more complex. Uses racially-determined wear slots. You'll
have to wade through the rest of the additions to spot the wear slot
related parts.

But for a shorter answer, I'm willing to bet you've neglected to
increase the NUM_ITEM_WEARS define in oasis.h, as that would result
in the symptom you are experiencing with no ill side effects.
--
{ IRL(Jeremy_Stanley); PGP(9E8DFF2E4F5995F8FEADDC5829ABF7441FB84657);
SMTP(fungi@yuggoth.org); IRC(fungi@irc.yuggoth.org#ccl); ICQ(114362511);