Re: HELP!! *sigh*

From: Mathue Moyer (mmoyer@sdcc10.UCSD.EDU)
Date: 02/02/94

>Second of all, is there a way I can look at a core dump
>and get some idea as to what is causing it?  A core dump
>alone really tells me nothing.

The -g option used when compiling specifies that the modules should
be compiled with debugging information.  This option allows you to
determine where your program crashed if you get a core dump.  After
it happens, try typing   dbx circle  and then (if successful) type
  where  and it should tell you rather specifically where your
program crashed.  Also, although I haven't read it recently, I
believe one of the files in the docs directory talks a great deal
about system utilities you can use when you are having trouble
coding.  It would probably be worth your time to read what is
written there.

--
-Mathue Moyer
-mathue@ucsd.edu