Re: Thiefs.....

From: Carl Tashian (TASHIACM@ctrvax.Vanderbilt.Edu)
Date: 02/23/94

>Does anyone have a quick fix or a modified file they can send me/leave me
>to allow thiefs to steal from other chars?

Just change pt_allowed = NO; to pt_allowed = YES; in config.c around line 45..

>Also, how do I specify the
>Player Killer flag only to be set on someone who attempts to kill another
>player within Midgaard....?  I have tinkered repeatedly, at the expense
>of crashing the mud, and had no real luck...... so if one of you C
>god(dess)es out there can help me, I would be mucho appreciative.... Thanx

in fight.c, around line 195, try changing:

   if (!pk_allowed)
      check_killer(ch, vict);

to:

   if (!pk_allowed && (world[ch->in_room].zone == 30))
      check_killer(ch, vict);

I'm not sure if that will work or not.. didn't test it.. but it should..

l8er