Mob levels

From: Mathue Moyer (mmoyer@sdcc10.UCSD.EDU)
Date: 03/28/94

With the advent of OLC, we don't necessarily have to allow creators
to make things with bad stats any more (mobs with messed up levels,
in particular).  I know it adds a fair amount of complexity if you
do it thoroughly, but it is possible to have the creation system
assign things like mobs' exp and levels, items' value, etc...
Perhaps something along these lines:
  Have the OLC system evaluate the parameters in question once
everything else is set.  Then allow the creator to change the
calculated values, but put a flag on the item if they do, so the
imps can go through and check all mobs/objs/etc that have values
other than what the game recommended.
  Or, on the other hand, you just have somebody who you trust to
evaluate things well go through everything before the area is
actually added to the game.  This can be pretty time consuming, but
it's a _very_ good idea, IMHO.
--
-Mathue Moyer
-mathue@ucsd.edu