Re: circle 3.0 and jeremy.

From: VampLestat (vamp@csulb.edu)
Date: 04/04/94

On Mon, 4 Apr 1994, The Chronicler wrote:

> 1.  for those of us who have done a fair ammount of code in 2.2
>     mostly with role plaing, online campaigns, etc...how hard is it
>     going to be to fool around with the src.
>
>     i guess what im asking is what files are sort of left alone, and what files
> will i have to cut and paste (just source, im doing 100% original areas, mobs,
> etc..so i dont need to know about the libraries).

look up the 'diff' command.  It will be immensly helpful for patching
into or patching in the new code.  :)

Just diff the files yourself to see which have changed and where.

> Could you tell me how to get it to work with cc?  or tell me where to get gcc
> and how to install it?

gcc is available via anon FTP (like any other GNU prog/util) at
prep.ai.mit.edu.  Install directions come with it.

I'd hope that Jeremy would be spending his time working on Circle 3.0,
rathern than telling people how to install gcc.  :)

_O_ Ryan L. Watkins                   e-mail: vamp@csulb.edu