Re: CIRCLE 3.0 ABRIDGED WORLD BUILDER'S GUIDE - PRELIM

From: VampLestat (vamp@csulb.edu)
Date: 04/05/94

On Mon, 4 Apr 1994, Steven Walker wrote:

> Though 3.0 may be closed for additions, here are a few ideas for 3.1:
> addition of the folloing flags:
> 	WEAR_FACE	18  /* for sunglasses, simple masks */
> 	WEAR_EAR	19  /* earings */
> of course to go with these:
> 	ITEM_WEAR_FACE	15
> 	ITEM_WEAR_EAR	16

Actually I think the current ones are enough.  With these additions, then
everyone has to have a pair of earrings to get a "full set" and IMO looks
rather stupid.  While realistic, in the context of a diku I dont think it
works as people tend try try and fill every available wear position.

> others
> 	POS_FLYING	9  /* allows for flying spells, and wearing wings */

Problem is I think players should be able to sit, sleep, fight, etc while
still "flying".  I think an AFF_ flag is enough, or am I missing something?

> And a question, what is the difference between:
> 	LIQ_WATER	0
> 	LIQ_CLEARWATER 15

dunno... anyne else know how they differ besides perhaps the message
displayed?

_O_ Ryan L. Watkins                   e-mail: vamp@csulb.edu