Re: we'll try this again...ice storm

From: VampLestat (vamp@csulb.edu)
Date: 04/24/94

On Sat, 23 Apr 1994 CAVNESS@utxvms.cc.utexas.edu wrote:

> I'm wanting to have a spell that not only affects those in your room, but
> also affects those in the rooms directly surrounding you as evidenced by the
> rooms linked by exits.
[snip snip

> The ice blast spell is an area-affect spell that does a chill-touch on every
> player in the room.

I didnt look thru your code, but one word of warning.  Spells that can
damage mobs in surrounding rooms can be a "bad thing" because players can
use teh spell again and again on a mob w/o risk of combat themselves.
Beware players exploiting this.

_O_ Ryan L. Watkins                   e-mail: vamp@csulb.edu