mass assigning of spec_procs (fwd)

From: Eric Pilcher (rasta@CSOS.ORST.EDU)
Date: 07/31/94

> I'm looking into the various possible ways of mass assigning special routines
> to certain rooms, such as: every room in a specific zone, every room within a
> specific range of vnums, or every room in a certain area type, etc. I realize
> that (at least with the 1st two options) it's possible to simply go through
> every number and at it to the list in spec_assign, but assuming I wanted to
> do this many times over, it would become quite a hassle. I'd be interested to
> hear input on what the best way to approach a coding modification to allow
> mass assignments of these routines would be.

Probably the best thing to do would be to define either a ROOM FLAG or
a SECTOR TYPE which performs the function you have in mind.  Then all you
need to do is edit your tinyworld.wld file and add the given flag/change
the sector type on the rooms you want.  The same would apply for objects
or mobiles in which you'd have a large ammount all running the same
procedure.

-Eric