Re: searching rent files

From: Mr. Wizard (jsbarrow@husc.harvard.edu)
Date: 09/10/94

On Sat, 10 Sep 1994, Matt Read wrote:

> Thanks all for the help, I'm managed to write the procedure to search the rent
> files and adjust obj_index accordingly. If anyway wants a copy of the code then
> I'll post it here (if enough interest, otherwise mail me direct).

I'd be interested in seeing the code.

> Special thanks to whoever (sorry, I always delete mail and have poor memory) it
> was that suggested a method of keeping track of number of objs by checking
> once at reboot, then adjusting objsave.c. It works perfectly and has saved an
> awful lot of extra work for me.

I know that you mentioned you didn't want to slow down the release of
Circle 3.0, but if these changes are fairly small, and wouldn't take more
than a few minutes to put in.....   Well, maybe it would be worth
considering adding them to the 3.0 version of the source.  I don't think
anyone would argue that the changes aren't a plus!

>                 Free.

||  Joshua Sky Barrow  ||| Harvard University Faculty of Arts and Science ||
|| 19 Central St., #28 ||| "If you can imagine it, you can achieve it.    ||
|| Somerville, MA      |||  If you can dream it, you can become it."      ||
|| 02143-2834          |||                                   Unknown      ||
|| (617) 666-0859      ||| E-mail:  jsbarrow@fas.harvard.edu              ||