will 3.0 compile on

From: John T. Cox (jtcox001@homer.louisville.edu)
Date: 09/11/94

Call me impatient if you like but versus waiting for the 3.0 genreal Beta
release I went and tried to compile 2.2 on one of the systems here. The
sysadmin doesn't mind if I run it on a test basis :). Anyhow when I tried to
compile it I'm getting too many errors to document here. What I'd like to know
is if 3.0 will compile on an HP Unix cluster, and if so what will I need to do?
If someone could tell me how to compile 2.2 on it you can keep me from going
nuts.