Re: bpl6?

From: Melissa (madison@nevada.edu)
Date: 03/01/95

On Wed, 1 Mar 1995, Chris Bosdal wrote:

> Well, if you're going to add nutrition, you'll have to add multi-vitamin
> substitutes for us vegatarians, and non-synthetic multi-vitamins for the
> naturalist vegatarians..  But why be one sided?  When was the last time
> you saw a mobile eat? Dont they get hungry? Shouldnt they have to eat
> too? Ok, so Fido's eat, if you havent taken them out of your world yet..
> But where in the heck do they get that gold and why dont they go shopping?
    Of course I thought of that! I too avoid eating dead animals...
Besides which cheeses and beans are healthier. As for mobs, it is assumed
that ones met in the restaurants are eating. Perhaps I will have a few
minor spec_procs to simulate RL.

> While you're at it...  A good addition would be diseases that hit
> malnutritioned homeless adventurers for not eating properly, and a
> bladder and intestinal variable to inform players that its time to get
   Was just thinking of this one tonight. Poison is just so boring!
Perhaps a randomizer, that incorporates the disease chart from the DM
Guide from TSR. Most of them would be fairly easy to implement.

> rid of some of the waste generated by all that eating they'll be doing.
> And of course, if they refuse to go to the bathroom, you can start
> penalizing their movement until it reaches 0, at which point they will
> soil their armor..

   Okay. I know there is a line that must be drawn. I could take it to
the extreme, and scare people off. But I think a few such realities may
enhance it. I'm trying to get the mud into a slower, thinking type of place.
In fact, I have part of the code done for alternative ways to earn exp.
After all, paladins can't be expected to hack/slash their way through
life.
   Anyways, thanks for the comments. It's tough to code all this alone,
with no other input! :)