Re: internal color/codes

From: Andy Davidoff (dert@concrete.resnet.upenn.edu)
Date: 03/16/95

> > so when you wish to stick a color code in something, how do you call it?
> > 2 functions?
> > fix_color(ch, string);
> > send_the_sucker_out(ch, string)
> >
> > i still think direct act() manipulation (a simple line for every color)
> > is much more elegant... :P
> >
>    I'll take this one. If you are referring to Brett's thingy... Just add
> it anywhere you wish! No function calls, no arguments, no shit! I have
> added it everywhere, and it is working excellent. (Found the prob. Brett,
> had an extra line in the array).
>   e.g. send_to_char("You found &+W%d platinum, &+Y%dgold, &+w%d silver,
> and &+y%d copper.\r\n", GET_ALL_THE_MONEY_STRINGS ;)
>   So, unless a nasty bug shows up down the road (doubtful) I reccomend
> this as the most viable color code. Works well in and out of code!

i dont need to no about the code, i got color code already....
i am just wondering if it is better to work it into the current parser-
output function... i dont like to mess with send_to_char, it's a simple
lil sucker that i am happy to no does what i want it to. ie:
SEND_THE_GUY_THIS_STRING_AND_THATS_FINAL