Re: Purpose of this list (fwd)

From: John T. Cox (jtcox001@homer.louisville.edu)
Date: 04/18/95

> Well, I did in fact point them in the right direction, and I don't think
> I flamed them, not necessarily.  I told them to next time look for
[stuff deleted]

> It's both inconsiderate to people with limitations on their mailbox and
> it's a waste of my time to scan through 200 messages (which accumulate
> daily), with many of them being completely avoidable.

This is the type of mail listservs generate.

> You call flaming inappropriate, but I didn't flame anyone -- and yet,
> someone gives the exact same advice I gave in more words and they are
> praised for this?  They say I told him to go for himself, they say it's
> rude, but I pointed him in the right direction.  While the very same
> person tells 'em to go look for himself?  Well, so be it.  I don't need
> to defend myself or my actions.  You misinterpreted what I said to be a
> flame, call flames inapporpriate, and flame me for it...
>

> Spawn@KrimsonMud

My comments were not directed toward you personally but to the enitre list
in general. So, I don't know why you're getting defensive about it. Check,
your mail header, and you'll see that my mail was not a reply to any thread
that involved you.

> ps. I've not flamed anyone, yet.

Nice veiled threat there...I like that 'yet'...

John T. Cox - IT, Resource Centers    | jtcox001@homer.louisville.edu
"Oh yeah!, Well I'm Princess Angelina | jtcox001@ulkyvx.louisville.edu
Contessa Louisa Francesca Banana Fanna| jtcox001@ulkyvm.louisville.edu
Bo Besca the Third!" - Dot            | http://www.spd.louisville.edu/~jtcox001