Code Help

From: ----* Taz (A.U.McLernan@durham.ac.uk)
Date: 04/19/95

Hi, Im still trying to code a special proc that opens an exit
when a character drops a certain item in a  room flagged as special_room
or whatever.

I can check for the item, as shown from my code frag below, but i
cannot  make the character move to the new room,  but  what  i really
need is a door to be opened, any help would  be grateful....

--- code  frag ---

SPECIAL(ent_corroded_from_keep)
{
  struct obj_data *k;
  int obj_num = 0;
  int location = 8001;
  char *buf;

  ACMD(do_drop);
  char *fname(char *namelist);

  for (k = world[ch->in_room].contents; k; k = world[ch->in_room].contents) {
    act("$p vanishes in a puff of smoke!", FALSE, 0, k, 0, TO_ROOM);
extract_obj(k);
  }

  if (!CMD_IS("drop"))
    return 0;

  do_drop(ch, argument, cmd, 0);

  for (k = world[ch->in_room].contents; k; k = world[ch->in_room].contents) {
    act("$p vanishes in a puff of smoke!", FALSE, 0, k, 0, TO_ROOM);
    obj_num = GET_OBJ_VNUM(k);
extract_obj(k);
  }

if(obj_num == 8136) {
  char_from_room(ch);
  char_to_room(ch, location);     <------- bombs here!
  look_at_room(ch, 0);
  }

  return 1;
}

Also, has anyone thought of  doing like a  dictionary for the circle
functions and how  to implement, with perhaps sample code..

Obviously not all the little bitty  functions,  but it  would be nice to know
what fn  does what with  out  grepping through all the code to find
it....

:)

Snurt

   (' ||      _             |    Internet: A.U.McLernan @ durham.ac.uk
  (( //     (( || /\\       |    Snail Mail: A.U.Mclernan
    -____-   \/\\  ||       |                College Of St.Hild & St.Bede
                   /        |                Durham University
                  (,        |                Durham