Re: olist, rlist, mlist

From: Christopher J. Dickey (cdickey@texas.net)
Date: 04/23/95

On Sun, 23 Apr 1995, Spawn@KrimsonMud wrote:

> Well, I can port code from Merc and call it mine, too.  What an ego trip.
>

> Spawn@Dimensions
> 140.174.210.5, port 3999 [Krimson DikuMud], port 9999 [Cyber TinyMUCK].

You know, when you wrote this I was quite surprised I admit.  So the
first thing I did was download the latest Merc code to check and see why
you would say this.  Know what I found out?  Olist, rlist, mlist, DON'T
exist there.  There's not even a similar function!  So what the hell are
you talking about?  Which source are you looking at?

Second, how many freaking ways are there to go through a list and print
them out?   This is the most idiotic flame I've seen in years.  Gee, must
be hard for all those programmers out there to do the same thing I wrote,
and you know what, I bet they would have source quite similar.  Maybe I
should copyright it!  Don't you have better things to do that to falsely
accuse people?

Third, if you think silly code like I posted is enough to give someone an
ego trip, then learn how to program.

Lastly, I apologize to the rest of the group for flaming, I just don't
like being accused of silly things.  I think I'll remember to keep code
personal and let people email me for it, so I can weed people out.

Chris