Re: ROOM_TUNNEL

From: Dennis R. Haag (HAAGD@chemistry.byu.edu)
Date: 05/30/95

> Date sent:      Tue, 30 May 1995 11:47:20 -0700
> From:           "Raymond J Nawara Jr." <dreck@rahul.net>
> Subject:        Re: ROOM_TUNNEL
> To:             circle@pvv.unit.no

>    From: Phil Priston <phil@marlyext.com>
>
>    Or perhaps have it so that tunnels have a 'volume' therefore limiting
>    the 'amount of person' in the tunnel, so a rat mob could fit in with
>    a PC but a giant could not get in at all....
>    *SHRUG*
>
> Or perhaps have it so that rooms have 'volume' therefore making
> 'tunnels' as a seperate entity unnecessary?
> *shrug*
>
>     Ray

I have seen a mud use the MOB_HUGE/ROOM_HUGE flags to limit some mobs
from going certain places. For example a 50 ft giant wouldn't be able
to follow you into a room with a 10 ft ceiling. You could add a size
variable to the mob struct (ick) or make flags for small, medium,
large, huge, etc. You could then have tunnels that allow a medium
sized mob and tunnels that only allow small one. You could even check
the players height-- over 6 ft? have to crawl through here... crawl
of course takes twice as much move....

Dennis
 Dennis R. Haag
 CSR, Chemistry