Mob name pointers

From: Ryan (ed209@iia2.org)
Date: 05/30/95

Hmm..  I have been manipulating mob short_descriptions while the mud is
running.  If I modify a name of an object or a mob, it changes all of the
mobs and objects pointing to that mob_proto.  I understand that all of
the mobs are just pointing to a certain prototype, but if this is true..
then why doesn't the level or maxhitpoints of all the mobs that point to
a prototype change when I change them?

I believe it's because the pointers of the char *short_desc, etc are
still poitning to the mob_proto's point in memory, and int's such as
level, etc don't use pointers, so they just copy the value into the new
variable.

If this is what is actually happening, could someone point out where in
the code I could modify so when I alter one mob's name, all of them
will not.

Thanks..