Re: Change levels

From: Sergio Ricardo Ferreira Macedo (macedo@magma.leg.ufrj.br)
Date: 05/31/95

> On Tue, 30 May 1995, Matthew R. Harold wrote:
>
> > How do I change the Immortal levels from Level 31 to Immort or something
> > of that nature?
>
>  If you talking about when you type who it displays [immortal] instead of
> the [war 51] you edit the 'do_who' code to check GET_LEVEL(ch) == 51 then
> make it so it prints "immortal" instead of whatever.
>
>   If you talking about making immortal level 50 instead of 31, you have a
> job in front of you... You need to change the #defines in structs.h so
> that immort = 50; god = 51 and so on, then you need to go threw the
> constants.c and add a lot to the  code there. Also you will need to
> change a lot of the spells.c code as well. You need to hunt out all the
> level sensitive arrays, and extend them to handle over 34 levels.

	Concerning this problem: Is anyone preparing a FAQ? I already
asked this "level improvement" stuff and I think almost every
new Imp that appears will ask for it (as well for a "how to add spells,
skills, whatever). A sample code or a "Where in the code are the parts
to be changed" guide would be really nice.

	I would do it, if I knew the other parts too... :) I just started
to try to change the levels and still didn't "snooped" enough in the code
to find the other parts (specially concering the spells...) to be changed.

	BTW, besides the saving throw tables, what else do I need to change
to raise the levels...

	I could ask also about the new skills stuff, but I'm doing some
tests and when I get some real problem I'll come back here... :)))

		Sergio Macedo