Price weapons

mayhem@nemesis.ccs.queensu.ca
Date: 06/15/95

Hey!!  Well i know before i start to type this message that there are
going to be alot of different views concerning prices but i would like to
see what you other muds have set up as a price list for weapons.

I would like to get a price vs. weapon damage plus magic bonuses.
Something like:

	Damage		Base Cost (not magical
	======================================
	1d6		100
	1d8		200
	1d10		500
	1d12		1,200
	2d6		2,000
	2d8		4,000
	2d10		7,000
	2d12		10,000
	3d6		14,000
	...		...
	...		...
	4d6		1,000,000

this is just a rough off the top of my head table i never thought about, but
wanted to give you an idea of what i mean.  Next, what would magic
ablities run, 2000 extra for every additional point they get in the
14 5   (would be 5 x 2000 = an extra 10000 for the item)

and if the item has TWO special abilities its 30000 more + 3000 for every
additional point
so a
4d6 (weapon) with +4 hit and +5 dam would cost => 1,000,000 + 8,000 +
30,000 + 15,000 which totals 1,053,000

The reason why i asked the like this is to avoid prices on weapons who's
value is NOT base on the characteristics of the weapon but some other
reason, like: King Smith's Dagger  (1d4) which has a value of 6,000 gold
because in the descp. it says the dagger is solid gold or something.

I thought that since some of yous out there have been doing this long
enough that you'd have a better idea of what the base cost of a weapon
according to the damage and magic abilites.  I know i'm the kind of guy
who likes to walk quitely and carry a very sharp sword, so i'd likely
under price the cost of my items rather then over price them.  All
comments and suggestions welcome!

					Mayhem