Re: Abbreviations..

From: Daniel [Trice] Koepke (dkoepke@global.california.com)
Date: 06/20/95

On Tue, 20 Jun 1995, Richard Stewart wrote:

>    if (is_abbrev(curstr,curname))           <- thats all!
>         return (1);

I'm incredibly tired of seing this hack.  I've posted it here at least
once myself, seen it posted at least four times (was I the first that
posted that?).  It's not terribly elegant, a C newbie can figure out
that, and it's more trouble than it's worth..

|  __| _ | _ ) __ ) __| | Daniel Koepke 		   aka: Trice Sabre
|__  |   | _ ; _ .' _|  | Coder of Crimson Realms (mud.california.com 1234)
|____|_|_|___)| \_\___| | NiMUD 2-75 is availible for anonymous FTP.. ask!!

PS - If anyone wants some crashes for their MUD, you'll have to get them
from me, I have the market cornered on crashes for -no particular
reason-.  Matter of fact, I'll give them all to you...  Aside from that,
I have a cool, buggy MUD :)