Abbreviations..

From: Richard Stewart (ag222928@student.uq.edu.au)
Date: 06/20/95

Hi, I was working on a way to make Circle mud accept abbreviations for
just about anything (eg instead of kill peacekeeper.. it's kill pea ..
same for object and NPC/PC).. Well I wondered if anyone else has done
this yet.. The way I am using at the moment is by adding :

   if (is_abbrev(curstr,curname))           <- thats all!
        return (1);

 in amongst the other 'if' queries in the function 'isname' in handler.c..
I have found no bugs with this method, but have only tested it locally.
As I have miniaml knowlegde of C, can anyone point out any problems with
this way of doing it, or if it would be a suitable way of doing it ?

 \_\_\_       Richard Stewart       _/_/_/