item duping

From: Belgian Underground Mud (bug@asteriks.rug.ac.be)
Date: 06/22/95

Hello,

It's been bothering me for a while that players could dupe items if
only they find a way to crash the mud : they give equipment around and
save their characters while they have the equipment, and then crash the
mud. The most simple sollution : if a player types 'save' ALL the players
get saved. It's just two lousy lines of code to add. For those interested :

	Wodan

ACMD(do_save)
{
  struct descriptor_data *i;

  if (IS_NPC(ch) || !ch->desc)
    return;

  if (cmd) {
    sprintf(buf, "Saving %s.\r\n", GET_NAME(ch));
    send_to_char(buf, ch);
  }
  for (i=descriptor_list;i;i = i->next) {
    ch = i->character;
    save_char(ch, NOWHERE);
    Crash_crashsave(ch);
    if (ROOM_FLAGGED(ch->in_room, ROOM_HOUSE_CRASH))
      House_crashsave(world[ch->in_room].number);
  }
}

|    I t ' s   n o t   a   b u g ,   i t ' s   a   f e a t u r e ! ! !  |
| BUG Mud - Belgian UnderGround                  eduserv.rug.ac.be 3555 |
|  Imps : Charlotte, Gekke,            If you can't connect, email to : |
|         Hymy, Mentat and Wodan         tvergote@eduserv.rug.ac.be     |
|  Thanx to SunGoku...                  Subject : frontdoor             |