Late reply on equipping new players

From: Pete (petes@panix.com)
Date: 06/22/95

A while back someone posted their method of equipping new players.

I just have some suggestions (good or bad?):

The original person called the do_newbie (equips newbie characters)
function from nanny. Why not call it or incorporate it into the do_start
function in class.c. Seems the perfect place for it.

I also set up a double array to equip the new player depending on the
class they choose. A thief gets a dagger, a warrior a sword, etc. But i
guess if you give them all crap to start with anyway, it is not going to
make a difference :)