About long descriptions

From: JOACHIM PILEBORG (pt94jpi@pt.hk-r.se)
Date: 06/23/95

It has been a long dscussion here on combining several object into one line here, and
I guess it will keep going for a while. What has been brought up if different kind of
parses wich translates "xxx is lying here." into "Several xxxs are lying here.".
What I have seen, those parses just works for those simple cases, and would not work
for an object with for example this l-desc.
"The Devils cloak is lying here, you better leave it there."
That line must be translated to
"Two Devils cloaks are lying here, you better leave them there."
It is a lot harder, and we have some object with even worse l-desc, even though I can't
remember what right now.

What I wanted to say, is that it is not as easy as some people thinks.
I have plural on my mud too, but it is the easy kind, "[2] A sword is lying here." type.

Well, I'll probably get some flames, and other complaints, but who cares? At least I dont't.

  The Arrow              Moses@PTMUD  iguanodon.pt.hk-r.se 4000

  Joachim Pileborg       Email: pt94jpi@pt.hk-r.se
  Lindblomsvägen 107
  37233 Ronneby          http://www.hk-r.se/~pt94jpi/pt94jpi.html