Re: About long descriptions

From: Anthony Spataro (ads@netcom.com)
Date: 06/23/95

On Fri, 23 Jun 1995, JOACHIM PILEBORG wrote:

> It has been a long dscussion here on combining several object into one line here, and
> I guess it will keep going for a while. What has been brought up if different kind of
> parses wich translates "xxx is lying here." into "Several xxxs are lying here.".
> What I have seen, those parses just works for those simple cases, and would not work
> for an object with for example this l-desc.
> "The Devils cloak is lying here, you better leave it there."
> That line must be translated to
> "Two Devils cloaks are lying here, you better leave them there."
> It is a lot harder, and we have some object with even worse l-desc, even though I can't
> remember what right now.
>
> What I wanted to say, is that it is not as easy as some people thinks.
> I have plural on my mud too, but it is the easy kind, "[2] A sword is lying here." type.

I'm almost finished writing the code to do just that, and do it right.  I
need to finish one more part of it, and I'll post a preliminary version
and gather comments, criticisms, suggestions, etc. Look for it later tonight.

 _/\_   GU -d H s : g? p5 au- a17 w v- C UL P L 3- E---- N K- W--- M-- V-- po
/ L  \  Y t 5 j-- R G---- tv-- b D B--- e u*(**) h! f !r !n !y+
  \/    HLT! OUT POLICE! MOV HEAD+1,HANDS. MOV SI,[MIRANDA]. REP OUTSB

He looked at me as if I was a side dish he hadn't ordered.