Re: How to get more than 32K rooms

From: Carter T. Shock (ctso@umiacs.UMD.EDU)
Date: 07/14/95

> However, you won't be starting in Bree =). On that note, I was wondering
> if anyone has upped the limit of rooms for 2.20? My rough estimate is the
> current levels give me about 35,000 rooms - I need more than that! Minas
[snip]

Change virtual numbers from signed to unsigned. Bingo, 65,000 rooms.
Change it to a long and you get 4 billion. There are all sorts of places
in the 2.2 code where signed types were used for unsigned values
(number of practices is a good example, get more than 127 and it rolls
negative).
   Todd

The Void @ rosebud.umiacs.umd.edu 4000